Friday, June 4, 2010

Architecturally (Ir)Relevant

I don't have the background or the vernacular to speak at length about architecture like someone who has actually studied it (aside from one brilliant course I'm in at the moment, I really have no foundation). I also have no design skills so have no actual pull to architecture as a "calling." Yet I can't help what I am drawn to, and at the moment, it is a team of architects working, building, designing, and revolutionizing (Hokeywood), who have been for quite a while and are certainly not unknowns in the world of architecture. I would like to, if I could, call their work cold and isolating, a view of the modern at the sake of human who inhabits the modern. But I'm not rigid. I'm always changing my view points, with each new piece I see.

things i've recently shared-
Strata Tower (Abu Dhabi)

"Multi-Storey", Amman, Jordan

Shopping mall parking lot, Dubai


That's what's going on across the Middle East. And here's what's happening in your neck of the woods:
Fort Smith, Arkansas, c. 1880, recreated for the Coen brothers’ adaptation of True Grit

No comments:

Post a Comment